Close

Melted Fuse

Posted: one year ago Quote #1217
I have a AP730 Battery Pack which is 15 months old and only used approx. for 2 months with a 105amp hr battery fitted.  I have just experienced the display indicating that the battery had 0% charge left.  I tested the battery and found that it was fully charged.  I then checked the fuses and found that the Main 10A fuse was melted into the socket.  It took reasonable force to remove the fuse with pliers.  The fuse had not blown but just melted on one side. I now cannot push a new fuse completely into the socket.  The display no longer works but the USB light does. I am very concerned that it could have caught fire.  Any suggestion please.
Posted: one year ago Quote #1218
Hi KNH

Thank you for your information on what has happened, the best thing to get this addressed would be send an email thru to sales@arkcorporation.com introduce your self and advise you have been speaking to me on the forum (Brett in tech support), we need you to send the unit back so we can have the opportunity to address the issue.

look forward to your email coming thru so we can get things started.

Regards

Brett
http://www.arkcorp.com.au/
Posted: 23 days ago Quote #1441
Exactly the same issue. Getting open circuit and polarity warnings as well. Assume the fuse does not contact properly now. Display disappears once power from charger is cut.
Posted: 23 days ago Quote #1442
Yes that is what happened to mine.  Sent it back and they replaced the fuse box.  No problems since. Very dangerous given it sits in the back of the car in the garage and could cause a fire.
Posted: 17 days ago Quote #1443
I had the same thing happen to my AP730 melted the fuse and the lid around it while in the back of my 4X4 the night before we were to leave on a holiday.
I took it back to the place of purchase and got a replacement.
I am still concerned/worried that if it happens un noticed a fire could start in the vhicle.
Posted: 14 days ago Quote #1444
I had the same issue melted fuse holder on the Main fuse.. got it replaced worked fine for a few times now just in my recent trip the main fuse kept blowing however the 12v socket still worked and 240v also but no display so couldn't see how much charge i have left...

What is the reason for this happening??
Posted: 11 days ago Quote #1445
Hi Phamto

thank you for your question the answer would be to check the 10amp main fuse is still good from your description of the problem it would be my opinon your 10amp mains fuse has blown.

look forward to your update on what you discover.

Regards

Brett from Ark
http://www.arkcorp.com.au/