Close

Akpak 730 Intermittent AC Charging

Posted: 6 months ago Quote #1307
Hi

When I plug in my AC charger to the arkpak it starts charging for 15 seconds (only gets up to 31w) and then goes into discharge cycle for 20 seconds and back to charging cycle for 15 seconds and repeat. As you could imagine this is an extremely slow way to charge a battery. It's a brand new 100ah AGM battery. Wondering why the charging is cutting in and out? It does the same on DC charging too.

Cheers
Ian
Posted: 6 months ago Quote #1311
Hi Ian

Thanks for reaching out to us about your Ark pak,  we are happy to provide support to get to the bottom of this for you, could you please call me on 02 9678 9036 from 9am till 430 pm Monday to Friday it would be great if you have the Ark pak and the AC home charger close by as i would like to do a field test to eliminate some things.

look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Brett from Ark
http://www.arkcorp.com.au/
Posted: 12 days ago Quote #1427
I have this exact same problem. Your advice is appreciated.
Cheers ben
Posted: 12 days ago Quote #1428
Hey Ben see response below. Charging via solar works for me so I decided to cut my losses and go that way rather than send it back again.

RE: Arkpak 730 Intermittent AC Charging
BC

Brett Collins
Wed 2/08/2017 2:42 PM
Inbox
To:
Ian (clatty@hotmail.com);
Evernote

Hi Ian

Thank you for your reply on the below, it is my assumption that your Ark Pak may have either a software or hardware issue that will need to be fixed and confirmed here inhouse at Ark HQ.

We are happy to have a look at the unit to determine what the exact problem is so we can determine the best course of action for it.

In terms of cost we charge nothing to look at the unit and determine the problem, what I can do is advise you of best case and worst case cost to have the problem fixed

Best case cost $ 60.00 plus GST

Worse case cost $165.00 plus GST

Where you sit in the sliding scales is unknown as we do not know what the problem is once we do know we can advise you of what the problem is and the cost to fix it.

If you have any questions please ask.

The return address is below in my email signature before you send the unit back please call so we can issue you a NCR number.

Regards

Brett Collins

Ark Corporation
8 Smoothy Place
Arndell Park NSW 2148

Phone: +61 2 9678 9036
Fax       : +61 2 9678 9011
Email   : Brett@arkcorporation.com