Close

715 doesn’t charge with AC, does charge in car

Posted: 10 days ago Quote #1550
I have the 715 battery box and the low battery alarm is ringing.  The box is no longer charging
when plugged into an outlet; however, it does charge when plugged into my vehicle.  Does that mean the AC power cord is broken?

Thanks,
Ron
Posted: 10 days ago Quote #1551
Hi Ron

the first thing i would do is get a multi meter and check that your battery voltage on your battery is above 10.8 volts because the this alarm will sound when your battery is at or below 10.8 volts, this is the first thing to check.

if you confirm your battery voltage is above 10.8 volts the next thing you want to check does the Ark Pak power up by its self with nothing plugged into it ?

you are most welcome to call me on 02 9678 9036 from 9am till 430pm Monday to Friday and i am happy to run you thru a field test over the phone it takes approx 3 to 5 mins.

look forward to hearing an update from you or a phone call.

Regards

Brett from Ark  
http://www.arkcorp.com.au/
Posted: 9 days ago Quote #1552
Hi Brett,

Thanks for your response!  I was able to charge the battery to 20% in my car (DC), then when I tried the AC charge again, and it worked!

A couple of questions:

1. We had a power outage a few days ago.  Could that have stopped the AC charge and cause the battery to drain out over a few days?

2.  By charging the battery in my car a bit, then retrying the AC charge again, did I somehow reset the system so it would take an AC charge again?

Thanks,

Ron
Posted: 3 hours ago Quote #1553
Hi Ron

please see below answers to your question.

1. We had a power outage a few days ago.  Could that have stopped the AC charge and cause the battery to drain out over a few days?

ANSWER Q1 -  when power was turned off this will turn off the charging system but when power was turned back on the charging system should start up again.

2.  By charging the battery in my car a bit, then retrying the AC charge again, did I somehow reset the system so it would take an AC charge again?

ANSWER Q2 -  no this is not a reset procedure.

please keep in contact and if you have any more questions keep me updated.

Regards

Brett from ark

http://www.arkcorp.com.au/